Data Cleansing, Matching and Appending
There are several things every business owner or marketing professional should know about their own client or prospect database.
The most important are:
- Is it up to date…and do you know the date of your last contact?
- Is it in one place or is part with Sales, part with Accounts, etc.?
- Does it contain the primary fields of Business Name , Contact name , telephone , and email address?
- Are the address fields consistent?
After that it can be very productive if you know:
- What does the business do (Industry Sector)?
- How big is the business…how many staff do they employ?
- What is there web address?
- Can you quickly identify all businesses by specific geographic location?
We have had hundreds of businesses tell us they have no idea when they last contacted their prospects or if their personal contact is still there.
And they continue to mail those people …remember that An Post does not return all undelivered items. They have strict rules for doing so.
The simple process, and which should be self-financing in terms of current wastage, is:
- Get your own file in the best possible shape.
- Clean out the deadwood.
- Append key information such as employee size and industry sector..this will allow you to target new prospects much more effectively.
Call Aoife Ni Oistin or Barbara Lowe for a more in-depth discussion about how it can work for you.